Are Your COSHH Chemicals Safe?

Are Your COSHH Chemicals Safe?

An investigation has been launched after a man died from eating a bleach tablet in a Newcastle care home, where it is understood the unnamed resident managed to get his hands on the cleaning tablet which he then swallowed. He died as a result, despite being rushed to hospital.

A spokesman for the 62-bedroom facility said: “We are very sad to confirm one of our residents has died in hospital after an incident at the home.  A full investigation is under way and we are liaising closely with the family and the appropriate authorities.”

Mark Brassey of Berwick Care said, “It highlights the importance of ensuring that cleaning chemicals are never left unsupervised. Care Homes may want to consider control measures such as Cleaning Trollies with lockable compartments to ensure no access to unauthorised persons.”

Click http://berwickcareshop.co.uk/janitor-cart-c-w-vinyl-bag.html for more information.

Share on FacebookShare on LinkedInTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someoneShare on Google+

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *