Please select an order form you wish to add this product to
An investigation has been launched after a man died from eating a bleach tablet in a Newcastle care home, where it is understood the unnamed resident managed to get his hands on the cleaning tablet which he then swallowed. He died as a result, despite being rushed to the hospital.
A spokesman for the 62-bedroom facility said: “We are very sad to confirm one of our residents has died in hospital after an incident at the home. A full investigation is underway and we are liaising closely with the family and the appropriate authorities.”
Mark Brassey of Berwick Care said, “It highlights the importance of ensuring that cleaning chemicals are never left unsupervised. Care Homes may want to consider control measures such as Cleaning Trollies with lockable compartments to ensure no access to unauthorised persons.”
Click here for more information.
Sign up to the Berwick Care newsletter for all the latest news about our products, services, special offers and top tips supporting the care industry.